Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Roquefort Meatloaf


Saturday's cheese tasting at Tria put me in the mood to cook with big blues. Lo, when I came across a recipe for Roquefort Meatloaf in a dog-eared copy of The Silver Palate, I knew I had to make it this week. Today, it appears in my column on the Di Bruno Bros. blog

This is a good recipe for the winter months. It's hearty, company-worthy, and it keeps well. It's also crazy delicious -- this from someone who is not a big meatloaf lover. Consider this the luxury liner of meatloaves. The center is like bread pudding, light and fluffy, while the exterior is dense and toothsome.

If you're tired of serving turkey for Thanksgiving, this could be your salvation. It's a bit of a project, but on a wintry afternoon when the house is cold, why doesn't want to rock a fur hat and roll up a meatloaf?  For the recipe, please click here.

Yours Truly, during Saturday's ice storm

2 comments:

  1. You're too funny! My family loves meatloaf. I'm gonna try your stuffed-version, but I've got to find a hat first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this article. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into

    something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete