Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dan Black's Top 10 Cheeses



Today, my interview with Dan Black is posted on the Di Bruno Bros. blog. Dan mongers at the store's Rittenhouse Square location, where he co-runs their affinage program. He keeps tabs on those little goat cheeses with the wrinkly coats.

Dan's a great talker, and he gets really animated when he describes working in the cheese cave and ripening his “little guys." My favorite part of the interview was when he revealed his Top 10 List. 

I’ve posted the list below (note the blue cheese selections), but you should check out the full interview for his thoughts on Iron Maiden, Arrogant Bastard, and the perfect blue cheese for topping a steak.  

Dan Black’s Top 10 Cheeses

8.   Piave
10. Anything from Jasper Hill
(esp. Winnimere, Constant Bliss)

Full disclosure: I freelance for Di Bruno Bros. twice a month. They pay me handsomely to write about cheese for their blog, and I run a nugget of the post here.

1 comment: