Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cheesemonger Profile: Melanie Fortino


Official Title: Cheese Cave Team Leader

Years at Di Bruno Bros.: 2

Hometown: Philadelphia

How she got into cheese: I was a Communications major at IUP (Indiana University of Pennsylvania), then I worked for QVC -- my focus was displays. After that, I went to culinary school. I’ve worked in just about every department here at Di Bruno Bros. Until January, I worked in Center Island. That’s the center area with all the charcuterie and pastries and prepared foods. Now I am officially Cheese Cave Team Leader, not to be confused with “cheesecake team leader” – sometimes I get called that on the phone. 

To read the full profile, please visit the Di Bruno Blog.

Disclosure: This post is part of a weekly series I write for Di Bruno Bros., one of my fave cheese haunts in Philly. I choose the topics, but I get paid to guest-blog on the store's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment