Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blue Sue Fudge

Gertrude Stein would be proud.  Philadelphia’s own Betty’s Tasty Buttons has created the most tender buttons of all: little rounds of blue cheese fudge.  Oh, I kid you not.  

This fudge is made with organic cane sugar, butter, goat’s milk, marshmallow, vanilla, and…oh, yes…raw milk blue cheese, the same blue cheese I sampled yesterday and gushed about in my blog.  I had Birchrun Blue Cheese for breakfast on an English muffin, only to read about someone else who slathered it on madeleines.  It seems that every person who tastes the blue cheese made by Birchrun Farms experiences a collaborative flare, a desire to start mixing it with everything in her path.  Just thinking about it makes me want to brew Birchrun Blue beer, or try it on s’mores, or shmear it on a bagel.  Maybe I will slather it on my…well, let’s not arouse Gertrude Stein from her slumber.

Suffice it to say that Betty’s “Blue Sue” Fudge knocks my clogs off.  Heck, I don’t even like fudge all that much – I’m more of a brownie daydreamer – but this fudge is luscious, and the hint of blue cheese (it’s just a whisper) has me completely smitten, utterly swooning.  I like how I can taste blue cheese with the first bite, then – pwoof – it’s gone.  It’s a two-second transport and then, whoa, hullo, I’m tasting chocolate…it’s getting more chocolatey now…wow, so creamy, no, yes, no, yes, don’t melt.  Tender buttons.  Tender buttons, tender buttons, tender buttons.  Sweet sweet sweet cheese.

2 comments:

  1. Madame Fromage - your post makes me miss the deliciousness of Philadelphia even more. Sigh.

    If I do a painting about cheese will you write about it?

    - Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to wait and read your posts after I've eaten, as they make me salivate!

    ReplyDelete